- Assisting clients in determining which form of a commercial entity is best suited to their needs.
- Establishment of corporates and other investment entities including foreign companies pursuant to the Direct Foreign Investment, FTZ and Offset Laws.
- Mawatheeq provides Arabic & English review & drafting of contracts:
- Drafting of Memorandum & Articles of Associations in conformity with the activities & objectives of the company.
- Formation of companies in both local & foreign jurisdictions.
- Representation of companies (under formation) before all the concerned authorities in order to follow up the incorporation process.
- Preparing & reviewing of Shareholding Company’s prospectus & all other relevant documents in accordance with the relevant laws, rules & regulations.
- Advising on the offering documents for shareholding companies in accordance with the terms & conditions of subscription & companies.
- Following up with all the legal corporate affairs of companies & ensuring their compliance with the companies’ objectives & laws.
- Advising & following up a listing of shareholding companies in Kuwait Stock Exchange & undertaking all the procedural steps in accordance with the relevant laws & regulations.
- Giving advice on the dissolution & liquidation of companies & following up of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Preparing & negotiating all forms of employment agreements, including non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, & advising on employment matters arising in the course of the transfer of business entities.
- Drafting internal regulations, employee handbooks & guides,& employment-related policies & procedures concerning various aspects of work.
- Representing employers in mediations & settlement negotiations.
- Litigation: Defending employers against all types of claims, including claims of unpaid wages & benefits & wrongful termination.
AGENCY, DISTRIBUTORSHIP & FRANCHISING
- Mawatheeq is capable to represent both local & international companies in corporate mergers & acquisitions. Particularly assists in drafting preliminary agreements, acquisition financing, negotiations, & closing procedures.
- Mawatheeq provides legal services & advice on interpretation & drafting of B.O.T contracts.
CAPITAL MARKETS & SECURITIES
- Mawatheeq is able to provide advice to the clients related to:
- Corporate governance
- Market regulations & compliance
- Asset-backed Securities
- Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)
- Debt restructuring
- Project finance & Public Private Partnership.
FUNDS (INVESTMENT & PRIVATE)
- The firm renders all services in relation to establish funds in accordance with law & regulation:
- Establishment of local & foreign investment companies / funds in accordance with the applicable laws.
- Drafting of offering documents.
- Memorandum & articles of association of investment funds.
- Subscription agreements.
- Drafting of power of attorneys & other related documents.
- The firm provides all services in relation to the construction industry’s requirements throughout the Gulf region:
- Assisting clients on all matters arising from inception to completion of construction projects in the Gulf region.
- Assisting clients in analyzing the risk profile of their projects & selecting the best type of delivery method for the project.
- Assisting clients in negotiating the contracts, contract drafting, advice on pre-contract, offset requirements.
- Managing all of the related litigation, arbitration, adjudication & alternative dispute resolution processes.
DEBT COLLECTION, RECOVERY & ENFORCEMENTS
- Mawatheeq consists of a specialized team with vast experience with regards to following up financial claims & taking all necessary procedures to collect such claims & receivables, using the most effective means to do so & taking the necessary legal action if needed through amicable settlement &/or through litigation.
- The competent team at Mawatheeq provides legal services related to comprehensive tax services & conduct litigation if a case turns contentious. These include:
- Corporate tax applicable to foreign corporations in Kuwait.
- Double taxation treaties.
- Tax exemption.
- The insurance related legal issues are best resolved at Mawatheeq. The services incorporate:
- Claims arising from insurance & reinsurance disputes.
- Advising on commercial agreements, policy wordings & regulatory requirements within the insurance sector in Kuwait.
- Reviewing & drafting insurance contracts in Arabic & English languages.
- Maritime shipping & insurance.
- Commercial general liability.
- Professional liability.
- Mawatheeq lawyers are licensed & qualified to practice before all courts, including the Constitutional Court. They can appear in all levels of litigation & represent clients in civil, commercial, administrative, labor, criminal, maritime, air, shipping, & other disputes.
- The services related to arbitration, include:
- Drafting of proper arbitration & other types of dispute-resolution clauses.
- Counseling regarding the most appropriate choice of contractual dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Negotiating commercial agreements on issues related to choice of law, language, & the forum, & to customize dispute resolution rules suited to the client.
- The enforcement of foreign arbitration awards.
- Handling proceedings to enforce agreements to arbitrate.
- Selecting the experienced & qualified arbitrators & experts.
- Seeking to vacate arbitral awards.
- Appearing as members of arbitration panels or representatives of clients before arbitration panels.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (IPRs)
- With the helping hands of Mawatheeq, our esteemed clients are facilitated with various services related to IPRs in the following areas:
- Patents, Trademarks, Copyright, Industrial designs.
- Litigating infringement & unfair competition cases.
- Drafting assignments & licensing agreements.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS, MEDIA & TECHNOLOGY (TMT)
- A highly professional circle of Mawatheeq team provides legal advice, effective & strategic solutions related to:
- Media & Internet
The services cover areas ranging from regulation of electronic communication, licensing rights, IT outsourcing, data protection, advertisements, internet content regulation, Intellectual property, negotiating, drafting & reviewing of contracts related to procurement of technology products & services.
We provide a thorough legal assistance on agency, distributorship, & franchising matters whether for the principal or for the agent, the distributing party or the franchisee. We can advise clients in the negotiation & preparation of agreements between the parties as well as handling the registration of the agreements with the public authorities